Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Seminar


I am presenting a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Seminar at DePaul University on Friday, March 16, 2007. The registration page has just gone live and we are waiting to see what the interest is.

I will be writing the content shortly and the featured topics will include:

  • Major search engines (such as Google, Yahoo and MSN)
  • How search engines and directories work
  • The importance and use of keywords and key phrases
  • Search engine terminology and jargon
  • How to get search engines to index your websites
  • How to check how search engines are indexing your site
  • How to implement and use website statistics
  • Best practices writing for the Web
  • HTML coding best practices (including appropriate use of meta tags, keywords, alt text, anchor text, robots.txt, naming conventions and semantic organization)
  • Inbound links
  • Linking strategy
  • Blogging
  • SEO strategies to avoid
  • Paid search (pay-per-click, Google Adwords, etc.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, are you creating your own search engine optimization courseware or using a 3rd parties? We have been looking for something to use for classroom type training.

Dunsurfin said...

Thanks. I will be developing my own courseware. The SEO seminar is a one-day course. I was teaching a six-week Internet marketing course and found out from the participants that they found it easier to commit to one day of concentrated instruction rather than a longer program.

unclemilt said...

Mr. Moore,

I will be in Chicago June 12-15 on business and had hoped to attend your SEO course at DePaul, but unfortunately my flight dictates I need to be at the airport shortly after your course starts.

May I trouble you for the course material/handouts? My email address is milk@telus.net.

Thank you and please let me know how I can thank you. Regardless, I would like to meet you while I'm in Chicago if our schedules permit.

Regards,


Milton